Saturday, November 26, 2016

#OurMenouHome :)

Progress on our land is happening. And we are oh-so-very excited!

I know one day I'll be so glad to have all of these pictures and details in order:)


We started with knee high grass that the cows were eating down and in the last week, it has been pushed, shoved, and uprooted into the place of our future home!


Philip's parents came out to see the land for the first time as "ours".


Branson loved every minute!



Knee high grass was getting to me so I took a ride:) Notice all the brush/trees/briar bushes ahead of us.




Taken at our wedding time on 11.11.16:) A year from this date, we will be two miles up the road saying "I do!"


:)




11.19.16
We gave the okay to get started with dirt work, but we had a lot of fences and hay to move first.


Peepaw took a ride around and gave me a thumbs up in passing:)


This is fun.

 
The small treeline that will soon be very much thinned out.


Philip and Jager under pine trees that our land will soon be rid of. Made for a pretty picture though:)


Finished the evening of work with pulling up fence posts.


Daddy cut the fence by the road where our driveway will go!


Trees on the left. Trees on the right. For now.


Day 1: 11.21.16 ~ Equipment brought out, pine trees by the road down.
Cool to watch, but sad to see.


Day 2: 11.22.16 ~ Scraped out our pad and started digging from the back of the land and bringing loads to the front. 57 total:)

He scraped our road and put in a culvert on the east side of what will be our home for a second entrance.




Day 3: 11.23.16 ~ It rained all morning so no work could be done, but we did get to see that our big hole out back HOLDS WATER!! This means that it can one day be made into a pretty pond on our southeast corner:) YAYY!


A Thanksgiving sunset:)


Day 4: 11.25.16 ~ Culvert to the East is completely finished along with our culvert at the road. And the treeline is cleared of all except some choice trees to give room to grow and add more in:)


Our house pad:)


View from the back corner. We love the big oak:)


Culvert on the East.


 Entrance from the road.


I love our windy road:)


I love this view. I love our future home. And I love that I can turn around from exactly where this picture was taken and wave at Momma on the front porch swing of what has been my forever home until 11.11.17.

No comments:

Post a Comment