Tuesday, January 9, 2018

OUR 2017.

2017 was the year of house building and wedding planning! Heavy on the house building, but at the end of the year, I can only be thankful for all this year has been.



JANUARY


There aren't many things about January that I want to relive. Lots of hospital visits. As soon as PeePaw was home and getting better, MawMaw had her turn. Now they are well and they've both had a fairly good year.

FEBRUARY


We started dress shopping!




Did some planting and planning:)


And had our first crawfish boil! Look! Everyone is so much better:)

MARCH



I asked my bridesmaids.


We hosted our annual Women's Conference.


Had popsicles with Peepaw in the sun. He worked his way up to a mile of walking a day and kept track of each day's time.


One of the very few times he got to fish this year!


And more crawfish!

APRIL


Read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying up and did a major week-long clean out of anything and everything starting April 1st! Bags upon bags of trash and clothes went out the door.


Pretty views.


Our second Railroad Festival together:)






Days we'll never forget:)



Easter!



We found THE dress:)


..and ate more crawfish. You really can't mention it enough:)

MAY



I sure hope we have this much in 2018!


Never gets old.



Our house arrived on Momma's birthday and our last day of school!


..and for this occasion we had crabs:)

JUNE


This means we closed on our loan and celebrated with a crawfish stuffed avocado!


Mel and I met for dinner and shower dress shopping and were so successful on both accounts:)


On June 14, we got concrete!!


We had our annual church fish fry!

JULY


We had a great Fourth of July!


We had a couple really good house days there in July. And then a whole lot of nothing until the end of the month.


We had a date at The Regatta on a pretty day!


And fished a little more:)


I learned how to make sushi!!



We finally got to see some progress on the house!

AUGUST




August was a huge house month!


Third year of teaching!


Had all the help we needed:)


Laid power and water lines!

SEPTEMBER


We picked up my dress on Labor Day!


Got all the trim work done!


Found out Kaitlon was having a BOY!!





I had my first shower in Moss Bluff. It was a beautiful day!!



TWO MONTHS UNTIL OUR WEDDING DAY!



Philip turned 27 and built a fire almost every night:)

OCTOBER


I had my DeQuincy shower at Bartrella's Place on October 1st:)


Our house started looking like a home!


I turned 25!


and we got our Marriage License!!


This puppy became OURS and we named him Tugger:)


and he instantly had a best friend!


I did a whole lot of these..


and had such a fun pantry shower at my church!



I took my bridals:)

NOVEMBER




We did a cooking class for my bachelorette party! So good and so fun!


We had our first dinner in our house:)


I made lesson plans for an entire week! Color coded;)


WE GOT MARRIED!!


..and enjoyed every.


single.


second. of our honeymoon in Colorado:)


and oh my goodness, the food!!

DECEMBER


I put up my first tree! ;)





WE HAD A SNOW DAY!! Like REAL SNOW!!


We had a Hibachi Night!



We cooked and hosted family:)



Our second grade team threw our Christmas party.


Our annual day we get out of school Christmas goodies from Momma!


and we enjoyed our last day in pajamas!!


The three of us read lots of good Christmassy books:)


We made a trip to Baton Rouge to spend Christmas with Philip's family and then got back to town just in time on Christmas Eve for church.


Momma knows how to make the perfect Christmas house<3 We had a wonderful Christmas!


AND a happy New Year:)

It was a happy and exciting year all around. I am so thankful. I am so blessed. I am so ready to live our lives together and see what 2018 will bring!







2 comments:

  1. I love your year so much!!

    Where did you get your white dress from your Bartellas shower;)

    ReplyDelete